jmourik;180892 Wrote:
> I just tried this on a 24bit 44.1khz file from Linn Records (Barb Jungr
> - Waterloo Sunset, studio master). The wav file doesn't play, but the
> flac file encoded from that wav does (on my SB2)! They both show as
> 24bit in Foobar, flac=1474kbps, wav=2116kbps. They both play in foobar.
> Weird!
> btw, Foobar shows the wma as 44.1khz/16bit!!/1462kbps. I can transcode
> to flac from foobar but then my flac is 16bit, and half the size as the
> wma.

I had the same thing. I transcoded a Linn Records WMA file to WAV using
wmal2wav, and all I got through my SB3 was hiss.  That file played fine
on my computer, though.

I then coverted the WAV to FLAC using xACT.  I had to change some
settings to let it accept the 24 bit 96kHz WAV files, apparently
because not all FLAC players accept such files.  But the conversion
worked fine after that, and my SB3 plays the FLACs just fine.  It's
also showing this as an 88.2kHz file, though - ??

--
bobschneider