Ya, the fibre is inferior by default discussion knocked me for a loop,
causing me to drop the all important HDCD investigation :-)

I am at the same place as you. To summarize.

Skunk highlighted a posting in headfi where with waveforms that looks
like it worked (but had some conversational chaff that initially
confused me). I got someone at hydrogenaudio to post a waveform that
looked like it worked. Olav posted in this forum that he did get a
successful result, but did not post his waveforms.

Skunk and others identify that some HDCDs don't use the compression
component of HDCD.

I have my waveform of Tublar Bells where I did not get any range
expansion.

I can't remember if you posted your waveform, but you indicated you did
not see a successful decode.

I upgraded to WMP10 and cleared my runtime issue and it didnt help,
although I DID get the HDCD icon lit.

So, if Olav comes back, we should all pick the same HDCD and try it and
see if we get the same result, and triangulate on PC config as Skunk
suggested.

I want to be able to do this too. Its annoying me that I cannot get
this to work.

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2
ReadyNAS NV+