I'm a Mac user and as such I'm quite limited in the available encoding
software.  Fortunately, OSX ships with iTunes and iTunes comes standard
with the ability to import using "Apple Lossless Encoder."

The iTunes interface is nice for importing; you can set it such that it
doesn't require any user input.  Drop in a CD, it'll get the album and
track information from CDDB, rip the disk, and spit it out when
completed.
iTunes organizes your collection nicely and has a nice UI for searching
and playing, as well as seamless integration with the rest of the Apple
suite of programs so I'd like to continue using it as my music
repository.

But, iTunes does not take FLAC.

Two questions:  Can the SB3 handle Apple Lossless and do so without
transcoding loss issues?  Or can you tell me about a better quality
alternative?

--
kphinney

SB3 -> TOS -> H/K AVR 144 -> B&W DM602's