Eric Carroll;185053 Wrote:

> But from my perspective, Olav's work seems pretty conclusive. He
> compared a 16b rip, a HDCD 24b capture and a digitized HDCD analog
> decode. Can you help us understand what your concern is here? Have we
> missed something?

I don't mean to belittle what Olav has done - it is much appreciated.
My concern, in simple scientific terminology, is that this experiment
does not have a proper control. As Phil rightly pointed out, in absence
of any compression technique, file size will simply be a function of
track lenghth, sampling rate, and bit depth rather than musical
content.

--
Nikhil