Skunk;185688 Wrote:
> Unfortunately, as Eric pointed out, most people need a direct link, and
> to have the info paraphrased for them.

Nikhil, Skunk,

I take doing my research and citing other people's work seriously, as I
hope you can see from my previous hyperlinked postings. But I am not the
only one working/contributed to this thread, a number of others have
too. I think of this as a group effort. I don't think your work was
overlooked, but it may have been. If your work/comments were
overlooked, sorry about that, I am sure it wasn't intentional by anyone
participating.

I view this thread as amazingly productive compared to a number of
other ones I have participated in here. Let's not lose sight of that.

When threads come up again and again and people's efforts get missed,
IN MY OPINION, it is because of the difficulty in finding and
consolidating results for many different threads over time and many
bulliten boards. Personally I looked at over a dozen threads on this
topic to find out what was truth and what was people's guess.

Also, in this process there is much guessing, supposition and opinion.
Sorting it from fact is hard. Just because someone posted their opinion
doesn't make it correct. That takes cross-referencing and checking
others' results.

One way to help this problem is to band together and write a wiki page
that brings together all we have learned on this effort. That way the
learning is consolidated into one place rather than scattered over a
dozen threads and 4 different bulliten boards. It is not left hiding in
the threads, to be revisted again in another year.

As someone new to HDCD ripping this was my problem: I couldn't find it
all in one place and there was a lot of what looked like opinion flying
around.

Any volunteers? I was going to do it, but if someone else would prefer,
go for it.

(Nikhil, I will respond to your thread seperately... gotta run now)

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2
ReadyNAS NV+