Audioengine 5 active speakers have been mentioned many times lately, but
the contexts were so different it's quite difficult to get more less
clear picture of how good or bad they are for a person used to
audiophile quality gear.

If anyone compared, or heard and remembers the impression on how they
sound comparing to low- or mid- priced audiophile integrated amp with
*unpowered* bookshelf speakers - please post here.

I don't think it's fair to compare them to WATT/Puppy speakers driven
by Lamm monoblocks, therefore I'm looking into comparison with up to
$1000-1500 amp, and the same price range speakers. Yes, I know it's 10
times more, but the purpose of this thread is to get the overall
picture of where Audioengine stands relatively to the real stuff.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions:... >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >>...-