jhm731;189791 Wrote:
> Why do you think the SB's digital output would sound any better than the
> Mac Mini's digital output? Have you compared them?

I don't state one is better then the other, but when someone tells me
he's going to use generic laptop soundcard I would be concerned, unless
I know that that particular generic laptop soundcard is very good.

jhm731;189791 Wrote:
> If you use an external DAC like the Lavry, the Mac Mini's digital output
> should perform just as well as the SB's digital ouput.

Visit Lavry's own forums, you'll find many interesting things to
consider. For example that even Lavry, while being among the best in
handling jitter, doesn't get any close to filtering out all of it. And
tiny card jammed in tiny case - you'll never know what's going on with
EMI/RF over there...

--
325xi