jhm731 wrote:
> 325xi;189770 Wrote:
>> Why do you think merely having optical out guarantees quality of that
>> mini sound card feeding that out?
>
> Why do you think the SB's digital output would sound any better
> than the Mac Mini's digital output? Have you compared them?

There are several reasons why I would expect the SB's digital output to
be better than a Mac Mini digital out. I've not done a comparison as I
don't have a Mac Mini.

> If you use an external DAC like the Lavry, the Mac Mini's digital
> output should perform just as well as the SB's digital ouput.

Sure, because all digital sources are the same, and they all work just
the same with all external dacs and every possible cable, both coax and
optical.

Yeah, right.

R.