Jitterbug;190619 Wrote:
> Actually, it took some several years for Einstein's (1905) ideas to be
> accepted within the physics world, largely because he was an unknown.
> His fame came 14 to 15 years later when solar eclipse gave scientists
> an opprtunity to test his theory of general relativity.

That isn't very long, and it's also not true.  I don't have time now to
detail the history, but you can look it up for yourself.  Eddington's
measurement made Einstein even more famous than he already was to the
public, but by then he was already more or less maximally well known
among physicists.

Just look how long it took after 1905 before he was offered a position
on the faculty of a university, or until the first papers based on his
ideas appeared.  That's the appropriate measure for how quickly an idea
gets accepted within the scientific community.

--
opaqueice