rbl wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a subwoofer to match the Quad electrostatic 988
> speakers, for use with both HT and music? My room is 15' x 18' so I
> don't need anything particulalry loud, but something that blends in
> well. Am thinking of the TBI Magellan VIII or the Velodyne DD-12, but
> open to suggestions. Has anyone tried these combinations?

I don't have Quads, I'd love to, but they need more room than I have.
I have a Rel Stadium sub, and it is very musical.

I recommend checking the archives at Stereophile, TAS, etc.
I remember reading many articles about how hard it is to match
a sub with Quads and other panel speakers.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html