tingtong5;193218 Wrote:
> My SB3 is running now on an external clock (XO3 module from Tentlabs).
> Also the spdif output is relocked now before send to the DAC.
>
> Now I'll need some time to listen and to compare it to my cd transport.
> First impression is that the differences between the two have gotten
> smaller!

Nice work.

I've just done the same thing to a SB2 also with one of TentLabs X03
clocks, with a couple of minor differences:
-I bypass the HCU04 and go directly to pin 42 on the XILINK.
-Rather than using a 50R/25R voltage divider to get from the X03's 5V
to the needed 3.3V, I use a 100R resisitor from the clock signal to
ground on the SB2 end. BTW, for this to work you need to keep the
resistor leads very short.
-I also take the SPDIF dirctly from the XILINK, so have take the hex
buffer completely out of the circuit - in fact right off the board.

Next step is to slave the the X03 clock to XO-DAC clock on my DAC for
synchronous reclocking. I house everything in one enclosure so am
excited about what this csn produce in terms of jitter levels.

Then I'll get setup to run that jitter analysis test jlmatrat
suggested.

--
Jitterbug