Skunk;194294 Wrote:
> A couple of the Telarc discs I have list ATC monitors used in mastering.
> Get a set and then use some dohickeys to achieve flat in-room response,
> and you're half way there (for one album)!
>
> I wouldn't doubt it if lots of albums sound better on properly thought
> out systems than it did to the engineers... <runs for cover>

Telarc recordings are a big part of my so-called reference list. I do
believe you will be in the "danger zone" if your system achieve much
higher resolution than mastering EQs, weird stuffs can start showing up
unintentionally. This point is fairly important to keep in mind when one
is trying to achieve ultimate fidelity!

--
empty99