325xi;199775 Wrote:
> It appears there's no option to use Transporter as outboard DAC with
> real world quality SPDIF source if I don't have word clock input on the
> source - am I right?

I don't think so. He said if you want to use the Transporter's clock,
rather than the built-into SPDIF timing, then you'd need a word clock
input.

People using a high end transport to play the occasional disc probably
have the word clock input, and those who don't are probably using it
with a cable box or something that eliminates any kind of potential for
buffering the data. Were you hoping for asynchronous sample rate
conversion?

--
Skunk