opaqueice;199794 Wrote:
> If you want a DAC that's immune to input jitter, you should probably buy
> one that was designed with that goal in mind - which the Transporter was
> not.  The Benchmark DAC 1 for example claims to be totally immune to
> jitter, and measurements back that up.

I asked about Transporter because I want Transporter, and not some
other DAC. Combination of the Transporter streaming functionality AND
being able to use it as a DAC for other devices makes it very
attractive for the price. The problem is that if it does nothing with
jitter it renders itself as pretty much useless as an outboard DAC for
real world dirty SPDIF, which is a pity. Well, unless I can use
word-clock, which I can't...

--
325xi