The topology is dead simple, really - in an ideal world you'd connect
the clock directly to the DAC board, as close to the pin of the D/A
converter chip itself as you can. The I2S SCK signal should be an
output from the DAC board.

Of course, I assume that you wouldn't be undertaking to design your own
equipment unless you have a fair degree of electronics expertise - so
I'll leave it up to you to worry about how to ensure that the clock
signal is driven between the two boards in the correct direction.

In practise there's also a problem that the I2S data rate isn't the
same as the clock speed that the SB requires (about 12MHz IIRC). This
does mean that there has to be a clock divider or PLL somewhere in the
system, and that may mean putting the super-clock on the SB board after
all. In this case, using I2S is still a theoretical improvement over
SPDIF, but it's not giving you the ideal minimum-jitter performance you
could have if the SB were able to directly accept the I2S clock.

--
AndyC_772