thomsens;212715 Wrote:
> People who think that it should work like a CD player should just get
> over it.  We just need a solution to move around songs easily.  Any
> reasonable solution is probably ok.
Funny thing is, the way that most CD players work doesn't do the trick
for me. I typically want to skip to a known time within the track. I
once owned a CD player that allowed for that, but it's not a common
feature.

On the other hand, the Song Scanner plugin goes a long way to doing
what I want. So for me, skipping around on a Squeezebox is *better*
than most CD players. If you've not yet tried it out, give it a go.
Note: as far as I am aware, it only works with native formats, not
transcoded ones. (One more reason to use FLAC).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A