thomsens;212715 Wrote:
> People who think that it should work like a CD player should just get
> over it.  We just need a solution to move around songs easily.  Any
> reasonable solution is probably ok.
>

> I'm not going to respond to this snide stuff.  Point is that you are
> arguing from where the product is.  If you wanted to, you could have
> designed it day one to support it.  Perhaps that would involved more
> complex buffering and memory required to do it...and maybe GE instead
> of 10/100.  But, you chose not to and now the product has a deficiency.
> If I knew how to code it myself, I would have built the product myself
> and wouldn't be on this forum now would I?
>
> I mean no offense Sean - you've built an awesome product.  But, it has
> an unfortunate flaw that does drive me crazy...apparently there are
> others too.

Sorry - the last thing I was trying to be was snide. This is absolutely
correct - all we need is a reasonable and effective way to move around
songs. A method like on iPod where there is no audiable feedback is
just as good (for my needs anyway)!

The only reason I locked on to the CD player part is because it is
perfectly clear to me that that is the way Slim Devices envisaged this
operating with their product in the first place. I make this assumption
because the manual states it - words to the effect of "Hold the FF
button to skip forward within a song" - is it not reasonable of me to
expect that I could follow this direction out of the manual and have an
expected outcome?

--
amey01