snarlydwarf;213849 Wrote:
> Although there is also the phenomena of disc rot which is real and
> document.  (And leaves pin prick sized holes throughout the disc.)
With all due respect, my understanding is that CD rot (of the PDO type)
is completely different. The metallic layer under the lacquer gets
attacked and slowly turns a "bronze" colour. This happens from the
outside edge inwards. In extreme cases the metallised layer gets eaten
away, but again this is from the outside edge inwards. I've never seen
any reference to CD rot creating pinholes.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A