amey01;213645 Wrote:
> I'm not "insisting" that FF/REW (or anything else) can be done - BUT I
> am insisting that the Squeezebox will do what the manual says it will
> do.
It's actually the other way around, i.e., the manual should reflect the
way the product operates. So if the manual is wrong, it needs
correction.

Regarding the FF/REW feature in question, I have owned CD players since
1984, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever used
FF/REW. While I agree that a feature to skip ahead or back ~X seconds
at a chunk would be useful to some users some of the time, it would be
about number 47 on my list of top 10 things Slim Devices engineers
should be working on.

P.S. Thanks Sean for a great explanation of the technical issues
involved.

--
TiredLegs