MikeFish;224199 Wrote:
> I haven't really read that whole link just a couple of posts, but what I
> read said that the replaygain is not a lossless process and that file
> will be different after processing. That kinda rules it out for me. I
> spend a great deal of time and effort to make the path and files sound
> as good as possible. I don't want to add more processing just so I can
> listen to everything at the same level.

Mike,

Replaygain just writes tags to the metadata, so the actual audio data
is unchanged.  MP3Gain has an option to write tags or change the audio
data.  I use replaygain with FLAC and find that it works pretty well.
If you want to turn it off, you can do so with SlimServer and it will
simply ignore the tags and not apply the gain.

--
jeffmeh