truckfighters,

I have been watching the thread over on audiocircle discussing this
modificaiton with interest.  I am in the wait and see camp though, I'm
sure a few will go for it and post their findings.  I anticipate we'll
get a shootout in due time with the stock vs. mod'd transporter.

Re: value of the mods, hard to argue versus his other players, which
range around ~$4k complete.  This modification has both his tube output
stage and tube rectified PS all mounted in the transporter case.

I too have a simple system (source-amp-spkrs) that I want to keep that
way and adding the modwright sound (i previously owned a SWL9.0SE) is
very tempting.

--
04dgmsilv