fred7;226050 Wrote:
> It does seem that a lot of people don't believe that FLAC is truly
> lossless. A simple test is to just rip a track to WAV and the same
> track to FLAC. Then just convert the FLAC file to WAV and compare the
> converted file to the file that was ripped directly. (In a Windows CMD
> box the FC command can be used to compare the files with the /B
> option). I actually went through this years ago myself out of
> curiousity to see that FLAC worked properly and also comparing
> dbPowerAmp to EAC.
The problem is that even when you convince poeple that this is correct
(which s it) they then go onto say that there must be something else
happening within the device to create the (apparently) audible
differneces. Things like the processor being taxed more, which has an
impst on the power supply which impacts the DAC which changes the
jitter, which sound worse/different.

There is no win to this argument from an enineering standpoint. I read
the Audiophile threads, but they make me angry, so i don't usually
contribure :)

--
funkstar