Not only do we need to worry about filtering. 44.1 kHz is not enough by
physics standards, simple as that. That is the main reason why SACD
sounds so much better than regular redbook.

Take, for example, a cymbal splash generating a fundamental frequency
of 16 kHz, modulated by a 5kHz harmonic. If we look at this you will
see the 16kHz fundamental that we can hear (obviously) along with a
harmonic at 11kHz and a harmonic at 21kHz.

Now, if we play this back on the redbook standard (with its 20kHz
brickwall filter [perfect or otherwise, who cares]) what do we get? -

We now get the 16kHz fundamental, with no 21kHz harmonic to modulate
it, *AND* a now unrelated 11kHz harmonic.

Ouch!

--
amey01