amey01;229959 Wrote:
> Not only do we need to worry about filtering. 44.1 kHz is not enough by
> physics standards, simple as that. That is the main reason why SACD
> sounds so much better than regular redbook.

Interesting.  So why was there not one single person in 500 trials who
could tell the diffence blind?

> <snip>
> We now get the 16kHz fundamental, with no 21kHz harmonic to modulate
> it, *AND* a now unrelated 11kHz harmonic.
>
> Ouch!

That's what the filter is for.  DC's point was it won't be perfect, but
evidently it's good enough.

Personally I see no reason not to use a hi-rez format at this point -
the processing is nothing, storage is nothing.  Since music is on its
way to becoming hard-drive based anyway, why not?  But I won't hold my
breath expecting any sonic improvements.

--
opaqueice