I just made my first measurements with Audiolense, and wanted to share
my findings.

The 2 graphs below read as follow: first is the frequency response
curves (right= blue / left=red) made with audacity/inguz/REWQ, second
is frequency response made with Audiolense.

They don't really look alike....

A few comments:

- I didn't get my final license yet, so those were just trials
- I didn't use any mike calibration file in audiolense (mike is
ECM8000), because... heu... I was lasy.
- The measurement set-up is different with Audiolense, the sweep has to
be played directly from the PC (won't go through the squeezebox). I
tried 2 set-ups, with very similar results, first was from my desktop,
which has a good SPDIF coax output, then ran a long (12m) cable to my
DAC. Second set-up was from my laptop, using the line out of the Tascam
US122L directly into my amplifier. For mike, I used US122L on both
cases, like with Audacity
- Once wired, the set-up is very smooth to run through the measure (in
just one click it launches the whole thing in succession from the 2
speakers)
- You don't have much flexibility to play on the display of the graphs,
colors, scales, smoothing, etc... in Audiolense as you can in REWQ
- I don't understand on the Audiolense graphs how it draws such a curve
below 20Hz, since the sweep started at 20Hz... (it can be parametered to
start at a lower frequency)
- I don't get much either how the response drops so quickly above 12kHz
with Audiolense (sweep supposed to go up to 24kHz), is it that the sweep
is too short so that the mike dynamics don't follow? I used a 10 sec
sweep(duration is a parameter that can be changed) though, and the
designer claims good results are obtained with as low as 3 sec.
- first time I see such a dip on my left channel at 700Hz (came up on
all measures with Audiolense)

That's it for now, of course the point of Audiolense (to me) is to
finetune the target curves (and in particular bring correction only in
the bass area), so next step will be to work on that, and listen to the
results of the correction filter generated. As you can't (and apparently
won't for a long time) import any outside measurements in Audiolense,
you have to go through those new measures anyway.

Also, I had a few email exchanges with Bengt from Audiolense, he is
very responsive and supportive, which is appreciable. So is Hugh by the
way, who on top of it does it for free... we will never thank him
enough.

|Filename: measuresjuice.JPG                                        |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3403|

Chinanico