ezkcdude;230412 Wrote:
> I think what acoustic wants, and he can correct me, is a Transporter
> with out the "er". IOW, a Transporter minus the output stage. I would
> also be interested in such a component, perhaps, with only a single
> display. If that came in around $1000, I'm sure there would be plenty
> of folks who would want one.

I got that impression reading posts, here of course, though initially
on German forums (people being quite high on the Squeezebox there, but
everyone modifying it one way or the other, which is why I ended up
posting here).

ezkcdude;230412 Wrote:
> There is quite a bit of "in between" between the SB3 and the
> Transporter.

That appears to be the general consensus.

ezkcdude;230412 Wrote:
> BTW, ACOUSTIC, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, I BELIEVE YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT
> A PRODUCT CALLED THE PACE-CAR. IT'S A MOD THAT CAN BE DONE FOR THE SB3
> THAT ADDS A WORD CLOCK INPUT:
>
> http://www.empiricalaudio.com/frPace-Car.html#Squeezebox Application

Already had a look at that. That thing basically *is* an external
masterclock with word clock outputs. That is, the wordclock signal will
be handed forward, the DAC slaved to it, not vice versa. That's
superfluous and/or overkill if you have a DAC with wordclock in- and
output (the Pacecar probably being most interesting to people who
insist on I2S). In all this, don't forget: it's on/next to the DAC
board that the WC should be placed (physically!).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

--
acousticsguru