Tom,  I have a variety of these devices including homeplug, UPB and
X-10. I have tried listening both with and without and did not notice a
difference. That, of course, doesn't mean that there isn't noise, just
that I couldn't hear it.

OTOH, homeplug works by using Forward Error Correction - that is,
processing the data to add redundancy so that it can be recovered at
the destination without error. This adds latency to the data path, so
if you are using homeplug to distribute music, it is possible that the
receive buffer might run out occasionally.

--
Bob Bressler

Bob
Audio Note CDT-Two->Audio Note DAC5 + Slim Transporter->Spectral
DMC-20->Kassai amp->Audio Note AN Es