m1abrams;234086 Wrote:
> Question regarding Homeplug and like devices.  How do they fair on power
> networks in homes where their is no HF bridge across the phases?
>
> Many homes have half the house on one phase and the other half on the
> other phase.  I would think in order to make network over mains work in
> all parts of the house you would have to have some type of HF bridge
> across the phases.  How do they solve this issue?

I do not use a homeplug solution, but I ran into this with some X10
control modules that I used to use.  There are a number of ways to
solve it, but each involves some type of coupling.  I had an
electrician install a bridge across the phases of the panel.  You can
also buy a coupler that you plug into a wall socket.  Some of these
devices are passive, while others offer amplification.

--
jeffmeh