>Jitterbug;235324 Wrote:
>> This should be interesting; Pear Cable has accepted the challenge.
>>
>> "...Michael Fremer, writer for Stereophile Magazine and
musicangle.com,
>> has agreed to double-blind listening tests to prove that cables can
be
>> differentiated sonically..."

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/calling-bullshit/pear-cable-accepts-1-million
-challenge-
>do-7250-cables-sound-better-or-not-311034.php
>
>Yes, this should be interesting.  I've seen reports about previous
>challenges that suggest Randi usually finds an excuse NOT to go ahead
>with the testing.  I've no idea if that's true, but this may be a good
>test...

Those reports sound biased themselves, putting it in that way (ie using
the word 'excuse'). One might also find that Randi detects some bias or
flaw or cheat in the challenger's proposed testing procedure that the
challenger isn't prepared to adjust, and that's why the test doesn't go
ahead.