SatoriGFX;236243 Wrote:
> As to using computers.  It IS time consuming to rip all of your cd's
> (and doing it well means learning how to set up EAC and Accuraterip
> properly and so on) and it requires a computer in the same room or
> buying a wireless router (not everyone has one).  And every time you
> buy a cd you have to rip it and make sure the tags are correct/the way
> you want them, time that could be spent listening to that new cd
> instead...

I agree with most of the stuff that you  and others have said about the
amount of time and effort one needs to put in in order to fully enjoy
the SB. I did it gladly, because it was fun and helped me get
reintroduced to my music collection. And, the tagging was and still is
the most time consuming part if you want to get it right.

However, there's a lot of value added in the process that one doesn't
get with just putting a CD into the player. With CD, tagging wise, you
get album and track (if you are lucky). If that's all that's required
from taggs, then, it's very easy to achieve  during the ripping process
and doesn't require any additional time.

And BTW, listening and tagging can be made fun too - just take a
laptop, sit into your listening chair, and do your tagging while the
music is playing, and while you are there, check the biography and
album reviews also.

--
slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.