bigfool1956;239253 Wrote:
> BTW @ Patrick: I really think you should have got Paul to use EAC for
> ripping his CDs, in my opinion the iTunes ripper, even with erro
> correction, sounds very poor by comparison.

That's an interesting comment. Mind if I ask under what circumstances
you've compared the two?

Unless one ripper or the other is inserting a constant stream of
incorrect samples into the file, it's not even possible for them to
sound different. That's the beauty of digital; the file that ends up on
your hard disc is either right or it's wrong. A bad rip is most likely
to end up with a few isolated drop-outs; it would take a badly broken
CD drive to somehow manage a continuous reduction in sound quality. To
do that would require a very large number of read errors - something
which just doesn't happen with a working drive, and which EAC would be
unlikely to be able to correct just by retrying over and over again.

--
AndyC_772