darrenyeats;239282 Wrote:
> David,
> To be fair, many people see fit to set up a home network and to manage
> their data without a music player coming into it. It's useful for many
> reasons. The SB3/Transporter is therefore able to tap into a large
> market of people who can use a set up they already have in one more
> way.
>
> The basic point - that if you're not interested in computers a CD
> player is more appealing - I agree with.
> Darren

I have to reluctantly agree with this. I work in IT (well, web
management in an IT dept of a University) and have a home network with
a Mac and PC, and guest laptops, and a big NAS. My SB3 was running
within 5 minutes, and I knew about ripping and file formats (though not
FLAC  :0). Had I not had my previous knowledge, a wireless router - not
just an internet providers ADSL modem - the setup and bits I'd have
needed would have been quite daunting to contemplate.

Those of us with the knowledge, who've seen the future should not
expect too much of those who just love music played as simply as
possible.

--
morris_minor