I read on The Register the other week about how trials are beginning of
selling music on USB sticks instead of CDs.

In theory I think this could be great; freed from the constraints of
the CD format we could have higher sample rate and bit depth, and no
need to rip at all - the files, error-free and properly tagged, could
just be dragged & dropped straight onto a hard disc.

Of course, it won't be like that in practise. It'll be compressed
music, in a proprietary format, crippled by DRM, and sold at a higher
price because of the 'convenience'.

If I'm wrong, and USB sticks are sold with music on that actually is
high quality and portable, I'll happily eat one. And upload the video
to YouTube.

--
AndyC_772