Helo,

This post is a response to an earlier one from Phil about how i
configuired my ITunes for use.

Lets see, first went into quick time and made sure that 24/96 was the
selected sampling rate. next all volumes were turned up to 100% to
avoid any changes created by K Mixxer. Also all equilization and volume
normilization was turned off.

In ITunes I set volume to 100%. Made sure the volume matching feature
was turned off. Also selected only WAV to WAV for my decoding scheme.
Also set volume to 100% on the Squeezebox.

Also made sure the crossfade and sound enhancer features were turned
off in ITunes.

Things I could have done different. I used the preset streaming buffer
size, could have chosen a larger one.Also accepted the recommended
burning speed when importing music. I did use the error correction
option.

Things I have notice when using the SB. First of all I find that the
volume control of the SB is awesome. I do not experience any loss of
sound quality while using it. At this time I set the volume of my
pre-amp at 75% and use the SB volume for control. No issues. I love it.

I have sent my SB over to Wayne at The Bolder Cable Co for his
modifications. They are good, I will say that. He recently sent me one
of his poprietary power supplies. It is noticably better than a
modified ELPAC, but it costs. Is it worth the price of admission? Thats
for the customer to decide, but the combination of the mods and PS make
the SB as good as anything I have heard.

I know individuals on this board are going to take issue with this last
paragraph. I have seen other posts regarding SB mods. thats fine for
them, let them enjoy the SB as it is. For me, I like what I hear.

Regards
Mister Pig

--
mister pig