I've just got my SB3 and am having good results feeding into a Sonifex
Redbox DAC1 (£435)

Sonifex make broadcast equipment and one enterprising audio dealer got
the company to make a more domestically acceptable version by lopping
off the rack mount.

Here's a link to Sonifex:

http://www.audioatmosphere.com/AUDIO_SS/displayproduct.asp?UID=26032box/rbdac1_ld.shtml

and to the page from the dealer's site (split from it's frameset):

http://www.audioatmosphere.com/AUDIO_SS/displayproduct.asp?UID=26032

The dealer makes comparison with units costing to £3,500; I can't
really vouch for this, but Stuart - the guy I dealt with - said the RB
DAC1 gave the Benchmark DAC1 a good run for its money, and at half the
price I gave it a go on an approvals basis. I kept it!!

I read somewhere that if the SB3 had been made by an audio manufacturer
they'd have tripled the price for it. I'm sure the reverse applies and
the pro-audio broadcast market is pretty demanding and wouldn't like
being ripped off by inflated prices.

Anyway - this may help . . .

My first post to the forum BTW. Lot's of good stuff here :o)

--
morris_minor