I'm also a big 805 fan. I think it is one of the best monitor speakers.
The 805 is even better then it's more expensive brothers IMO (the 804
and 803). However recently I've heard the Dynaudio Contour S1.4 monitor
and i'm even more impressed. I asked my dealer to make a setup with both
the 805's and the Dynaudio's to let me compare side by side. I've spend
almost 4 hours in the listening room.

Because the Dynaudio has less effeciency than the 805's (the 805's
sounds louder) at first hand they seem the be better. However if you
listen longer you notice that the Dynaudio's are more refined, have
better en tighter bass and all in all sounds more natural.

Before you buy the 805's, I strongly recommend you to listen to the
Dynaudio's. The price is more or less the same.

As for the amp that depends of what you want to spend. I can recommend
the Primare I21 and or the Musical Fidelity A3.5. Both around $1500

--
S2K