The transporter has facilities beyond the squeezebox, in particular the
ability to play or pass through 24/96 files, which are now becoming
available for download. Of course if you don't think you want this
facility, then that is of little interest.

I think it would be helpful if you could tell us what the equipment you
currently have is.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the internal DAC for the
Transporter is easily improved upon. I have the excellent Trichord
Pulsar One DAC, which is worth more than the entire TP, yet in my
system I preferred the tp as a stand alone unit.

What I am trying to say here is, that the tp with its analogue outs may
be an improvement on the DAC you have - assuming you are not using any
digital bass management, in which case the game changes entirely.

What everyone else will tell you on this forum is that the Squeezebox
through a good external DAC also sounds very good, and it's a keeper.
If you buy one now and upgrade to the tp later, the squeezebox is
useful for a second (e.g. the kids) system.

--
bigfool1956

David Ayers
Music is what counts, hifi just helps us enjoy it more