Thanks for taking the time to post.  It was well written and a good
read.

Personally, I have not yet had a chance to demo a good high end DAC in
my home and compare it against my Transporter, so I have no basis to
form an opinion.  I know that one day I will demo a higher end DAC and
I look forward to it.

I do have a very neutral and revealing two channel rig (IMHO), so it
will be interesting to compare.  I do realize that the "laws of
diminishing returns" will apply, and if it takes 2-3k more to hear a
subtle improvement over a stand alone Transporter, I'll be keeping the
Transporter.

Mark

--
yooper