achri-d;253579 Wrote:
> I think there is a serious flaw in the Transporter clocking system - so
> I assume you don't succeed.
>
> My system is a dCS Paganini DAC and clock. When I try to syncronize the
> Transporter I am not able to lock the Transporter to 48kHz. 44.1kHz
> works.
>
> Rgds

I think a more likely explanation is that you are not syncing in either
case - perhaps they are both trying to be master, and it only _appears_
to work at 44.1 because the nominal clock speeds are the same.

What happens if you disconnect the word clock during 44.1 playback?
What _should_ happen is that the Transporter and the external DAC will
immediately go out of sync and the DAC should go silent. That would be
a good test to do to make absolutely sure that the word clock is in
fact functioning at 44.1.

Incidentally, do you know how your DAC knows to output a 48KHz clock?
Is that a manual setting, or is it supposed to get it from the s/pdif
channel status information?

--
seanadams