I have had DEQ2496 for few years now. I don't use it as I don't really
have a need to EQ anything but I won't be selling it because it is a
great tool for those rare occasions and for $200 worth keeping (I also
have the mic). I may use it if I ever get to build a HT system. Never
had any problems with it.

The digital stream is very transparent. EQ quality is first rate ,
48bit depth with a multiple setting memory. I have never used it as a
A/D converter but as D/A works very well (uses similar to Transporter's
dacs) alhough the pro output level requires attenuation. Now that I have
the Transporter I would even risk a statement that they sound pretty
close.

It is an extremely versatile devices and I definitely recommend it.

--
Kiep