After reading this, of how to get FW40 working propperly, I tried my
luck once again. But sorry to say, even after forcing the update wit
pressing '1' at startup, I still get worse results then with FW36. Even
a factory reset as described doesn't help. So once again, I moved back
to 36. I know developers don't have much to go on with my description
here (i'm a dev myself, but different area). If you want me to perform
some series of tests, let me know.

--
Heimiko

Transporter -> XLR Attenuators (-20db) -> Electrocompaniet AW100 DMB ->
Dynaudio Audience 122
___
BK Monolith
Analog modded SB3 -> tube buffer -> Trends Audio TA-10 ->  Eltax
Monitor III