Rodney_Gold wrote:
> I went to FW40 a few days ago cos I wanted to try the foldback, Total
> disaster , my TP started resetting itself arbitrarily , getting back to
> an earlier version was also a nightmare, I had to do +/power, 1/power
> many times and run downstairs to restart the server a few times as
> well. I never learn , I SHOULD NOT FIDDLE IF ITS NOT BROKEN!!!!!!!!!
> I will wait till theres a stable version or is the latest FW40 at all
> changed from lets say 4 days ago and is now more stable?

I have been using v40 since it was first released, also for the digital
loop capability (which I presume is what you mean by "foldback").

It has always worked fine for me - no stability problems at all.

There is an issue that the volume control doesn't work properly -
there's a bug raised for that.

One final point - you'll need to re-flash the xilink in order to go back
to r36 or earlier. (see the wiki for how to do this)

R.