kmchow98;284623 Wrote:
> Ok, let's start off slow with the specification first and see if we can
> agree on it before we go further.
>
> Audiophile specs:

What do you mean by "the specification"?

// - Use the Coaxial digital output only for audio out

Do you mean the coax is only for audio out, as opposed to audio plus
something else? In that case I don't understand you.

Or are you suggesting that the coax will sound better if the other
outputs are turned off? In that case I would like to understand your
theoretical basis for this assertion.

Or do you mean that coax s/pdif is the only "audiophile worthy" signal
to use? In the case of SB3 I would tend to agree with you there. In the
case of Transporter I would disagree.

// - Minimal jitter (just go as low as feasible)

Sure. I suppose you will assert that jitter changes from one firmware
version to the next. Can you substantiate that?

// - reduce EMC/RFI from the digital/analog logic in SB3

What is analog logic?

// - Wireless connectivity (no ethernet, not exactly audiophile specs,
but that's why I am using the SB3)

An 802.11 radio is an intentional RF emitter. If you are trying to
minimize RFI you should be using ethernet.

// - User Interface as secondary(I refer to the display on SB3)

How does the display relate to the firmware version?

// - A good supply of current(power) available to the audio logic.

What do you mean by "audio logic"? Do you believe that it is starved
for electricity?

> Can we agree on this?

Why do you need my agreement on anything? You claim is that the sound
changes from one firmware version to the next, in immeasurable but yet
subtly audible ways. Just tell us how, in technical terms.

--
seanadams