kmchow98;284900 Wrote:
> Sorry if I offended you in any way. I certainly wish this thread don't
> turn into an argument.
> I have used v6.5.3 to v6.5.4 since I picked up the SB3. Excellent piece
> of device. So good that I sold my CD player away.
> I only claimed that when I switched to SC7, suddenly I couldn't have
> extended listening sessions (IMO,acid test) anymore. I don't think SC7
> is the culprit, so it had to be the updated firmware version which is
> 86. Switching back the v81 and 83 worked for me.
>
> I needed some alignment before I could proceed further because there is
> simply no way to know why the latest firmware version sounded like it
> does without knowing the SB3 firmware architecture.
> I believe you know the firmware (and hardware) architecture the best,
> for me to advice on this is completely out of line.
>
> Therefore I put out the audiophile specs so that we just need to
> concentrate on what is "wish list" instead of theory.
> I don't have the depth of knowledge to explain with factual data why
> the specs are so. Those are general wants, simplicity in a system to
> optimize what's really important: sound quality.

It is really an open discussion for the benefit of everyone.  You are
not challenged for the depth of knowledge.  Rather, they want to
understand from your perspective as a user why you think the "audiophie
specs" should such and such.  Even if you might not have the
technicality to explain, you should possess a certain kind of belief to
lead you to think that way.  I don't think the specs was decided
randomly?

You have mentioned "audio logic" several times in your spec.  Can you
please explain what it is?

--
cheetah