MacMini;290216 Wrote:
> SACD and DVD-A are dead, there is no doubt about this. <snip>
> I’m more afraid of CD quality becoming worse.  Not because of the
> technology, just because there is a trend to optimize the mastering for
> compressed formats.
I don't mourn SACD or DVD-A's passing, because I happen to think CD is
enough. However the crappy efforts put into mastering are definitely
not enough. My blood boils when "remasters" turn out to be compressed
versions of the old etc.

The real problem about the red book vs hi-rez debate is it takes
attention away from the really big problem...quality of recordings. But
it's easier to market hi-rez, or debate hi-rez, or add more and more
sampling frequency or bit depth to hi-rez, than go out and -produce
really stunning recordings-.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system