Thanks all,

I will take the recommendations.

Pat: I still have three old amps in the house... one was my old amp in
the living room... Never had the SqueezeBox on digital connection on
that amp, as the DAC in the amp was... horrid :).

The other amps (a small home theatre system in the bedroom, and a spare
very old low range Onkyo currently not used, are not good alternatives
for listening.

I actually have not had many of those interruptions... just four or
five in a whole weekend of listening... but, I will connect the SB to
the analogue connection, and if that does not help, get some of those
surge filters...

Cheers

Matt

--