DCtoDaylight;241582 Wrote:
> An Isolation transformer like the one riffer mentions will fix the
> problem, but in the meantime....
> Is the TV cable ground connected to your household ground?  For
> example, in my house, the incoming cable goes to a connection block,
> which has a heavy wire from the cable ground to the same ground line as
> the fuse panel uses.  That will kill any loop to the box down the
> street.
>
> Dave
All utility service (power, phone, cable) should use the SAME ground
rod, but for a different reason, lightning protection.  While it is
possible this might hum in audio equipment, the more likely cause
leakage from the AC power injected into the cable to power the line
amplifiers.  The subscriber taps remove most of the 60 Hz AC, but as
was pointed out by the previous posters, an RF isolation transformer
will fix the problem.

--
Timothy Stockman