chinablues;304310 Wrote:
> My remaining problem is that when playing loudly, the Rotel cuts out due
> presumeably to overheating.  My living space is not that huge so I have
> this nagging suspicion that there remains some non-audible component
> that is overheating the amp at high volume levels. I have a sub-woofer
> that goes down to 20Hz, & hear nothing from that, so if there is any
> remaining ground loop component, I suspect its in the higher non
> audible range.  (the amp has a -3db freq response up to 100kHz way
> beyond my hearing levels)
Such a high-frequency component seems unlikely to me, as it would
almost certainly fry your tweeters before overheating the amp.  Think
of it this way:  the amp has a lot of surface area (presumably heat
sinks) from which to dissipate heat.  The voice coil of the tweeter,
even a ferro-fluid type, can't get rid of that much heat near as
quickly.

--
Timothy Stockman