vincentyan;316197 Wrote:
> Here is what I did: convert a song of Apple Lossless in iTunes to AIFF,
> WAV, and MP3 (iTunes doesn't support FLAC so I can't test FLAC).  The
> resulting 3 files are .aif, .wav, and .mp3.  Play them with
> SqueezeCenter.  I can only FF/RW the MP3 song, not the AIFF nor the
> WAV.  Any comment?
>
> It was strange that some of the AIFF songs in my iTunes library are
> .m4a files - those imported uncompressed from Grarageband.  Well of
> course this is an iTunes issue and I guess I have to inquire Apple
> about that.

I just double-checked to make sure I'm not losing my mind.  I'm not
(well not about this anyway) -- I can FF/RW MP3 and AIFF.  I also
generated my AIFF using iTunes, by ripping to Apple Lossless using Max,
then importing the Apple Lossless into iTunes and transcoding to AIFF
using iTunes.

When you select one of your AIFF songs and right-arrow to get the
file's info and then scroll down to see the file format, what does it
say?  Mine says AIFF, which I presume means SqueezeCenter has
recognized it as such.  The file extension is indeed .aif.

I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 though I remember this working before
too.

Another thing to check would be to look at your SqueezeCenter prefs,
and go to the Advanced Tab and then choose File Types.  See if AIFF is
configured to stream natively.  If not, change it to be.

--
jgs