I see errors that need dbpoweramps's special touch frequently, even on
brand new CDs. If I were using iTunes (or any other non-secure ripper)
I wouldn't even know there was an issue until/unless I actually heard
it.

My wife ripped a bunch of CDs with iTunes before we met and I'm now
going back through re-doing them with dbp, it's amazing how many tracks
she had with pops/cracks which she thought was normal - and that's just
the easily audible problems. I'm sure there are many more subtle faults
which a good system would reveal. If you're spending $$$$$ on gear you
may as well spend $20 to make sure the data's right in the first place.

--
radish